Public Relations (PR) Manager
Signal has built a world class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them the highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company currently in its Series B round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - What's your purpose?
Signal is looking for an experienced PR Manager to nurture a strong industry network, increase brand awareness amongst target audiences and develop an enviable reputation as one of the UK’s leading AI companies. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this role will support Signal Media by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
Role and responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Help develop a flexible and strong PR strategy in line with marketing
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media, sourcing high-level placements for interviews or content in print, broadcast and online media articulating the Signal story.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests, help prepare stakeholders for events and speaking opportunities.
- Build relationships with thought-leaders to grow industry awareness of Signal.
- Create and update a media distribution list for Signal content,
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations as necessary alongside the rest of the team,
- Help evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships on an on-going basis.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Assist in creation and management of Signal events
Required knowledge, experience and skills - Who are we looking for?
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a PR role.
- Proven track record executing successful public relations campaigns
- Good relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets, particularly tech.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Experience with digital PR tools including PRNewswire, Campaign Monitor etc.
- Event planning experience
- BA degree
Benefits - What will you get in return?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently celebrated turning five years old (how time flies!). We offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come