Head of Customer Support
Signal is a revolutionary new technology platform built for analysing text and discovering market intelligence, developed in partnership with the world's leading academics. Our large-scale text analytics system unlocks knowledge and insight from unstructured textual data, enabling organisations to solve complex information challenges and providing a competitive advantage for our clients.
We’re a venture-backed company currently in its Series A round. To date, we have raised almost £10 million in funding to help develop our product. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Your purpose
Signal’s support team sits at the heart of creating amazing relationships with our clients. Work hand in hand with account management, sales reps, engineering, and data science teams to deliver the best possible customer experience. Most importantly, day-to-day you will lead a team of product experts building wonderful relationships with each and every customer.
About the responsibilities – What will you be doing?
- Lead, develop, and grow the support team including recruitment, onboarding, and coaching both experienced and high potential junior team members
- Craft support strategy depending on channel, customer classification and region by establishing best-practices, workflows and processes
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to our support processes across the customer lifetime from pre-sales through ongoing frontline customer support
- Measure, report and improve on KPI’s and metrics across support processes
- Champion product and user value with customers; analyze customer feedback and communicate with the business
- Collaborate and improve coordination across teams including Account Management, Product, Data Science and Sales
About you - Who are we looking for?
- Proven leader capable of inspiring and motivating your team while prioritising competing demands and opinions from both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and build strong relationships across multiple teams within an organisation including direct experience working with product teams utilizing modern software development philosophies
- Minimum 5+ years experience in support, community management, or related function with at least 2 years of experience managing teams
- Experience in customer service/support; interfacing directly with clients preferably in a B2B technology context
- Experience working in a start-up or similarly fast moving, flat structure structure environment
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently celebrated turning four years old (How time flies!). We don’t currently have heaps in the way of fanciful corporate benefits but we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit for days! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come.