Head of Customer Support
Signal has built a world class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them the highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company post Series B funding round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Your purpose
Signal’s support team sits at the heart of creating amazing relationships with our clients. Our support team is a vital conduit for customer input into our product. Signal’s lean and fast-moving culture calls for someone who knows what good process and structure look like and can rightsize their approach to the needs of the team and business at the time.
You don’t liaise with departments, you have impactful conversations cross-functionally with teammates in account management, sales, engineering, and data science. You don’t compile customer feedback, you analyse it and develop a perspective on key pain points. Most importantly, day-to-day you’re motivated by helping your team to grow and develop into a scalable and efficient support engine.
About the responsibilities – What will you be doing?
- Lead, develop, and grow the support team including recruitment, on-boarding, and coaching both experienced and high potential junior team members
- Craft support strategy depending on channel, customer classification and region by establishing best-practices, workflows and processes
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to our support processes across the customer lifetime from pre-sales through ongoing frontline customer support
- Measure, report and improve on KPI’s and metrics across support processes
- Champion product and user value with customers; analyse customer feedback and communicate with the business
- Collaborate and improve coordination across teams including Account Management, Product, Data Science and Sales
Required knowledge, skills and experience - Who are we looking for?
- Proven leader capable of inspiring and motivating your team while prioritising competing demands and opinions from both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and build strong relationships across multiple teams within an organisation including direct experience working with product teams utilising modern software development philosophies
- Minimum 5+ years experience in support, community management, or related function with at least 2 years of experience managing teams
- Experience in customer service/support; interfacing directly with clients preferably in a B2B technology context
- Experience working in a start-up or similarly fast moving, flat structure structure environment
Benefits - What will you get in return?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently celebrated turning five years old (How time flies!). We don’t currently have heaps in the way of fanciful corporate benefits but we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit for days! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come.