Signal is a revolutionary new technology platform built for analysing text and discovering market intelligence, developed in partnership with the world's leading academics. Our large-scale text analytics system unlocks knowledge and insight from unstructured textual data, enabling organisations to solve complex information challenges and providing a competitive advantage for our clients.
We’re a venture-backed company currently in its Series A round. To date, we have raised almost £10 million in funding to help develop our product. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
Although not essential it is preferable that you understand the challenges of PR & communication, knowledge & information professionals, and can demonstrate a solid and successful background in selling Media Intelligence, PR Software, Market Intelligence, business Information, news or Content solutions that help organisations make better and more information decisions.
This really is the chance to become part of something truly awe-inspiring, working with disruptive technology and helping to contribute and shape our client's culture and future, so we are looking for those of you with atomic high-energy levels and a desire to really make a difference.
Reporting into the Head of Sales you will be part of our growing Solution Sales team. As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for educating PR & Communication professionals on how our client's solutions can totally change the way in which they consume and manage their media intelligence. You will do this by fully exploiting our client's value proposition & focusing on new customer acquisition. This is a great opportunity to take ownership of accelerating Signal’s market position and achieve financial growth.
What will you be doing?
- Support Signal’s long-term strategic goals by building key client relationships
- Identify new business opportunities within our specified target markets
- Convert generated leads into potential new clients by negotiating and closing business deals
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the current market conditions
- Work closely with the internal Sales, Customer Success and Marketing teams to increase sales opportunities thereby maximising revenue
- Regularly meet with clients to present solutions that meet or predict their needs
- Develop the pipeline of new business coming into Signal
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Display thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services that Signal can provide, and of our competitors.
Who are we looking for?
- A sales process guru;
- Curious, career-driven, and self-motivated;
- You’ll have at least 3+ years of B2B technology related sales or business development experience (outbound and inbound calling experience);
- You’ll have experience using Salesforce;
- You’ll have a proven track record of consistently obtaining quota;
- You’ll have a proven track record of measuring and reporting the impact of lead generation programmes;
- You’ll be a strong communicator who is able to clearly articulate impact, as well as influence and work cross-functionally across multiple internal teams;
Why should you join Signal?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently celebrated turning four years old (How time flies!). We don’t currently have heaps in the way of fanciful corporate benefits but we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit for days! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come.