Business Development Manager
Signal has built a world class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them the highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company currently post Series B funding round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - What's your purpose?
Reporting into the Head of Sales you will be part of our growing Solution Sales team. As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for educating PR & Communication professionals on how Signal software can totally change the way in which clients consume and manage their media intelligence. You will do this by fully exploiting our client's value proposition & focusing on new customer acquisition. This is a great opportunity to take ownership of accelerating Signal’s market position and achieve financial growth.
Role and responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Support Signal’s long-term strategic goals by building key client relationships
- Identify new business opportunities within our specified target markets
- Convert generated leads into potential new clients by negotiating and closing business deals
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the current market conditions
- Work closely with the internal Sales, Customer Success and Marketing teams to increase sales opportunities thereby maximising revenue
- Regularly meet with clients to present solutions that meet or predict their needs
- Develop the pipeline of new business coming into Signal
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Display thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services that Signal can provide, and of our competitors.
Required knowledge, skills and experience - Who are we looking for?
- A sales process guru;
- Curious, career-driven, and self-motivated;
- You’ll have at least 3+ years of B2B technology related sales or business development experience (outbound and inbound calling experience);
- You’ll have experience using Salesforce;
- You’ll have a proven track record of consistently obtaining quota;
- You’ll have a proven track record of measuring and reporting the impact of lead generation programmes;
- You’ll be a strong communicator who is able to clearly articulate impact, as well as influence and work cross-functionally across multiple internal teams;
Benefits - What will you get in return?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently celebrated turning five years old (How time flies!). We don’t currently have heaps in the way of fanciful corporate benefits but we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit for days! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come.
Salary: (60-70k plus 45k OTE)