Front-end Software Engineer
We are looking for talented engineers to join our growing Software Engineering team of 10+ in London.
Signal is a revolutionary new technology platform built for analysing text and discovering market intelligence, developed in partnership with the world's leading academics. Our large-scale text analytics system unlocks knowledge and insight from unstructured textual data, enabling organisations to solve complex information challenges and providing a competitive advantage for our clients.
We are a growing company with ambitious plans, so there couldn’t be a more exciting time to join us on our journey. This is a great opportunity for you to be part of something awesome, help contribute and shape our culture, as well as help drive our future plans forward.
We thrive in an environment where support and encouragement of one another’s personal and business goals is the norm; helping others to realise their abilities and strengths.
Signal is currently in its Series A stage, and to date, we have raised over $11 million in funding to help develop our product. Our most recent investors include Frontline Ventures, Hearst Ventures, and MMC Ventures.
About our team:
The team is autonomous and cross functional, encompassing every role required to build and improve on our products in the way we best see fit. We are able to decide product direction ourselves, trying out new approaches and technologies.
This allows us to choose whatever tools are best for the job, and our service based architecture allows multiple different technologies to work together. Our architecture is hosted on AWS, and we deploy multiple times a day following a “You Build It, You Run It” philosophy utilising docker containers.
About the role
We are looking to add a software engineer with a passion for web based technologies, building fantastic user experiences and working collaboratively with our product team to help grow and evolve the customer facing product offering.
Frameworks: React, Angular, CSS/SASS, D3, Compojure, Node.js
Databases: Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB
Operations: AWS, Docker, Terraform, Prometheus, Grafana
- You have strong experience building complex UI workflows, microinteractions and visualisations
- You have solid UX skills and the ability to communicate effectively with UX researchers, designers, product owners, and engineers to build products with focus on a great user experience
- You are comfortable leading, facilitating and collaborating to define product direction and strategy; in addition to day to day real time collaboration using practices such as pair programming
- You are able to work autonomously, managing your time effectively, and taking ownership of work from inception to deployment
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Pension plan
- Unlimited holiday entitlement
- Company MacBook & Apple equipment
- Monthly team lunch
- Childcare vouchers