Signal has built a world class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them the highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company currently post - Series B round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - What's your purpose?
Signal is looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join the team and help transform the finance function as we rapidly scale, helping run a top class finance function. Reporting to the Finance Director, with potential to progress into the Finance Director role, this will be a really varied role with the opportunity to transform the company, support the board and VC investor reporting and work with all areas of the business including Sales, Operations, Marketing and Tech.
Role and responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Ownership of month end reporting, KPIs and analysis, including the Group consolidation.
- Involvement in business strategy with leadership team, and ownership of the annual budgeting and re-forecasting processes.
- Driving forward company performance with KPI reporting and business analytics
- Business partnering with teams across the business including sales, marketing and customer support
- Managing and mentoring the finance function.
- Assisting the Finance Director's production of reports for the board.
- Ad-hoc, project-based analytical duties working closely with the Finance Director.
- Streamlining processes and identifying opportunities for improvement and transformation.
- Management of the annual audit process for financial reporting.
- Oversight of returns for Corporation tax, VAT and other relevant taxes and relevant regulations
Required knowledge, skills and experience - Who are we looking for?
- Big 4 ACA qualified
- Min 2 years FC experience
- Strong technical accounting knowledge.
- Desire to work in a very high growth business. Experience of working for a high growth international business would be beneficial
- Drive, motivation, conscientiousness and excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Tech savvy
Benefits - What will you get in return?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we are about to celebrate turning five years old. We offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come