Sales Operations Manager
Signal uses cutting-edge artificial intelligence to cut through ever-increasing volumes of data, enabling businesses to surface actionable knowledge in a wide range of scenarios. With 100+ clients across financial services, PR and communications, law firms and corporates, Signal’s technology sets a new standard for news monitoring and reputation management. We continue to develop new use-cases, and our proprietary AI platform is constantly learning and evolving to address the needs of new and existing clients. Our team includes data scientists and developers dedicated to making our product better, customer success and operations people helping our clients get the most out of our tool and sales & marketing professionals focused on growing our customer base and market share. Join us on our journey to make the unknown, known.
As Signal’s Sales Operations Manager, you will play a key role within the Sales team at Signal. The overall purpose of this role is to assist the sales team in the attainment of sales goals. You will do this by developing, scaling and enhancing the existing sales processes and resources. The aim as such is to positively impact the sales team productivity, efficiency, effectiveness and results.
Your main responsibilities are to enable and optimise sales team execution, productivity and performance through training; development of sales tools and job aids; analyse the sales process automation (utilising Salesforce); implement solutions based on analysis and forecasting.
Collaborative engagement with Customer Success, Product, Finance and Marketing will be essential for success in this role. This position reports directly to the Head of Sales.
To be successful in this role, you will efficiently and effectively manage sales operations by consistently meeting or exceeding daily, monthly and annual sales performance metrics. These will relate to reducing ramp times of the Sales reps; supporting the Finance Director on the compensation plans and overseeing the sales methodology. You will do this by working closely with Head of Sales to provide a high energy sales environment; deliver and drive sales strategy; improve sales effectiveness and report and drive sales efficiency
- Work with the Head of Sales to create and maintain an energised Sales culture, focused on delivering results by providing ongoing coaching and development of the sales team;
- Work with the Head of Sales to enable ongoing sales development and decrease the ramp time for new hires;
- Remain knowledgeable of key processes, business initiatives and internal resources in order to assist the sales team and recruitment in accomplishing company goals;
- Analyse performance metrics data and leverage it to effectively coach and develop the Sales team;
- Implement best-practice sales cadence to ensure teams are focused on the right activities, with the right pipeline and the right support to achieve target;
- Complete sales forecasts and sales activity reports and presentations for pipeline meeting and Board reporting;
- Report on trends (pipeline growth, win ratio etc) and identify opportunities for optimising results;
- Act as a partner between the Sales team and other internal teams;
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Product teams to develop and communicate sales training associated with new products and services;
- Work closely with Sales, Customer Success and Finance team members to address contract issues or concerns and to ensure the timeliness of contract review;
- Identify opportunities and weaknesses within verticals and make proposals to create value and increase operational efficiency;
- Work effectively with internal departments (Marketing, Customer Success, Product Development) to develop effective sales strategies that promote sales to new and existing customers;
- Effectively manage Sales operations expenses to ensure delivery of internal gross margin goals: approve expenses and manage profitability reporting related to sales metrics.
Key Skills and Requirements
- Proven track record in a sales operations, sales strategy or sales support role within a software oriented, growth industry;
- Considerable experience working in a sales environment where understanding of strategic sales process and the steps necessary to drive sales results is required;
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects for sales process or program implementation from concept to completion;
- Demonstrated experience communicating with senior stakeholders.
- Experience working in a SaaS or other subscription business preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication (oral and written);
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Must be organised, detail oriented and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team where open, collaborative communication is expected;
- Exhibit personal traits of curiosity, goal oriented, and conscientiousness;
- Team player that is creative, process and results oriented, and committed.
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce and other business intelligence tools.
Why should you join Signal?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently celebrated turning four years old (How time flies!). We don’t currently have heaps in the way of fanciful corporate benefits but we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit for days! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come.