About Signal - Who are we?
Signal is a media monitoring, reputation management, regulatory compliance and market intelligence tool that gives its users global, unlimited, real-time, shareable information in an easy-to-use platform. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organizations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company that recently secured a cool $16m in its Series B funding round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
We’re looking for an energetic, growth-oriented Sales Manager to be a hands-on leader for the growing team of Americas Sales Development Representatives. Reporting to the President of the Americas region, you will collaborate and work closely with the SVP of Sales and Head of Sales Operations to ensure the quality and qualification of both inbound and outbound leads throughout the sales process.
As a member of the leadership team for the very quickly scaling Americas region, this is an opportunity to both build and grow the existing SDR team through effective data driven mentoring and coaching, to ensure new representatives are onboarded effectively and developed into high-performing members of our commercial organization. As such you will be focused on accelerating growth for all of our lead generation activities by optimising current lead generation processes, building relationships, and reporting on the success of the team to senior leadership. The successful candidate will have in depth experience structuring efficient processes, analysing the results of prospecting along with success of building and managing a lead generation focused sales team.
The day to day responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Managing and overseeing a team of up to 12 Americas Sales Development Representatives across all aspects of the sales process including lead generation via cold calling, qualification of inbound leads and opportunity evaluation
- Onboarding of new Business Development Representatives including sales coaching, product training and the development of sales enablement tools
- Providing metrics driven ongoing coaching and mentoring of the team in order to improve lead qualification through regular 1:1’s
- Provide weekly analysis of progress and conduct overall assessment quarterly
- Ensure the team tracks information accurately in Salesforce including meaningful pipeline and sales growth
- Work alongside our President and SVP of Sales to develop the eventual career progression and transition from Lead Generation DRs to Inside Sales.
Knowledge, skills and experience - What does it take to be successful?
- 3-5 years experience as a Sales Manager in another role - including 2-3 years of solid experience within a SDR/Inside Sales role - ideally SaaS technology, B2B business
- In depth experience across prospecting, lead generation and management
- Ability to instill a motivating and energetic sales environment
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce and sales process
- Possess strong leadership skills with a focus on the development of both individual skills and a team-oriented culture
- You’ll be a strong communicator who is able to clearly articulate impact, as well as influence and work cross-functionally across multiple internal teams;
Benefits - What’s in it for you?
We’re a rapidly growing company that is making a significant investment to scale the business globally, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us. We offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited vacation entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Experience in a rapidly growing, collaborative, growth-orientated and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come