Signal has built a world class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them the highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company currently in its Series B round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier
About the role - what’s your purpose?
Our Customer facing team has garnered a bit of a reputation in the industry! This means we have a “superhuman” reputation to uphold in our ability to understand and uphold our clients needs. Our Customer Success Team is the link between our clients and the company, playing a pivotal role in relation to Signal’s brand name, and the company’s commercial activity.
Through the Signal platform, you’ll control the information we deliver to our users, help to deliver client reports and ensure the client is getting the very best out of its Signal subscription. The role also involves working closely with the Sales, Marketing, Product, and Data Science teams. As well as this, you’ll concentrate on creating new relationships and growing existing ones, contributing to Signal’s account management operations, and building the framework for the company to scale.
The role has great growth potential, and you will be given the opportunity to explore different facets of the business, including Sales, Support, Data-Science and Marketing. At the same time, you’ll be given a full introduction to the world of start-ups, giving you an amazing insight into the Digital, Technological and PR industries.
Role and responsibilities - what will you be doing?*
The primary goal of the Customer Success team is to ensure the Signal client base succeeds in reaching the goals they have set themselves. This role encompasses many different facets:
- Drive the adoption of Signal within assigned accounts through continuous increase in value leading to renewal, upsell and potential for new business
- Work with the Customer Support, Sales and Product teams to facilitate a seamless customer onboarding process, ensuring a smooth ‘go live’ and introduction for the client from the outset.
- Work with clients to ensure their accounts are set up and aligned with Signal's vision and product capability whilst ensuring a tailored and streamlined experience to our clients’ business objectives and strategy
- Provide continued value to the client and drive long-term account satisfaction and growth.
- Seek out opportunities for client renewal and up-sell in order to proactively identify and prioritise resources and effort according to perceived risk, potential growth, strategic value and renewal timeframe.
- Closely monitor adoption rates of assigned Accounts; providing insight to clients.
- Proactively seek opportunities to educate across the business on industry knowledge and customer best practice.
- Anticipate clients’ requirements and possible challenges - help our clients to succeed!
- Work closely with Customer Support to identify potential issues within the client accounts and take effective action to resolve them.
- Contribute to the development of company goals, growth and profitability targets by being an active member of theCustomer Success team.
- And lots more!
Required Experience / Skills - Who are we looking for?
- Track record of driving customer success and aligning within complex client environments at executive and department levels.
- Ability to understand client requirements, develop and guide their thinking to identify financial measures of success
- Data-driven with a commitment to steer and track consistent engagement process
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, results-oriented culture.
- Previous experience with an annual subscription sales model preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinker with the ability to troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Extremely well-organised and analytical with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong team player as well as a proactive individual contributor.
- Ability to grasp basic technical concepts.
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced start-up environment
- A can-do and patient attitude
Desired Skills & Experience
- Commercial experience is desirable but not absolutely necessary
- Experience working within the relevant industries - Financial Services / Professional Services / Media / PR and Communications
- Salesforce / Excel / Gmail / Google drive
- A passion for new Technology
- Previous experience in a technical support role coupled with specialist industry knowledge would be ideal.
Benefits - What will you get in return?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we are about to celebrate turning five years old. We offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come