Sales Development Representative
Signal has built a world class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them the highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company currently in its Series B round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - What's your purpose?
As an SDR, you will be responsible for generating leads and meetings for Signal’s sales team. Reporting to the SDR Manager, this is an entry-level sales role, focused on building your sales skills, with opportunities for growth and promotion in the business. This role is solely focused on lead generation and outbound marketing. You will spend much of the day on the phone, making calls to prospects and building out our sales pipeline
Roles and Responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Generating high quality leads through a mixture of cold calling and marketing email campaigns
- Scheduling daily meetings with prospects for the sales team in line with your targets
- Understand Signal’s offerings and effectively communicate and apply them to each prospect’s needs
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity and prospect information in SalesLoft and Salesforce, including comprehensive and up-to-date client information
- Provide continual input to the sales and marketing teams in order to refine positioning and adapt to new market opportunities
- Suggest new ways to build your own network to attract prospects
Required knowledge, skills and experience - Who are we looking for?
- Ideally 6 months work experience including cold-calling experience
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced environment, preferably a start-up
- Very persistent character, not afraid of rejection and never shying away from asking questions
- Possession of a positive attitude and an interest in learning and building a career in sales
- Willing to step-up to help fellow team members if and when needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A good knowledge of the Public Relations industry, media monitoring and intelligence space would be very beneficial but not essential
Benefits - What will you get in return?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently celebrated turning five years old. We offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come