Business Development Representative
About the role
As a BDR, you will be responsible for generating leads and meetings for Signal’s sales team. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this is an entry-level sales role, focused on building your sales skills, with opportunities for growth and promotion in the business. This role is solely focused on lead generation and outbound marketing. You will spend much of the day on the phone, making calls to prospects and building out our sales pipeline.
Location: Aldgate, London.
Salary: £24,642 plus commission
Roles and Responsibilities
- Generating high quality leads through a mixture of cold calling and marketing email campaigns
- Scheduling daily meetings with prospects for the sales team in line with your targets
- Understand Signal’s offerings and effectively communicate and apply them to each prospect’s needs
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity and prospect information in SalesLoft and Salesforce, including comprehensive and up-to-date client information
- Provide continual input to the sales and marketing teams in order to refine positioning and adapt to new market opportunities
- Suggest new ways to build your own network to attract prospects
Knowledge, skills and experience - Who are we looking for?
- Ideally 6 months work experience including cold-calling experience
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced environment, preferably a start-up
- Very persistent character, not afraid of rejection and never shying away from asking questions
- Possession of a positive attitude and an interest in learning and building a career in sales
- Willing to step-up to help fellow team members if and when needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A good knowledge of the Public Relations industry, media monitoring and intelligence space would be very beneficial but not essential
Benefits - What will you get in return?
- Competitive salary;
- Career progression;
- 'Unlimited' holiday entitlement in line with our annual leave policy
- Company MacBook & Apple equipment;
- Pension Plan (upon successful completion of 3-month probation);
- Monthly team lunch