Inside Sales Representative
Signal has built a world class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them the highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company currently in its Series B round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - What’s your purpose?
As a Business Development Executive, you will be responsible for educating PR & Communication professionals on how our client's solutions can totally change the way in which they consume and manage their media intelligence. You will do this by fully exploiting our client's value proposition & focusing on new customer acquisition. This is a great opportunity to take ownership of accelerating Signal’s market position and achieve financial growth.
This role requires a unique combination of storytelling, technical competency, and a true passion for developing your sales career. Your day-to-day and month-to-month will be focused on developing and taking full ownership of a defined set of target accounts, within the SME sector.
Role and responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Identify new business opportunities within your specified target accounts
- Mixture of cold and warm prospecting across; phone, email and social
- Full ownership of your sales pipeline, including deal control and forecasting
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the current market conditions
- Work closely with the Customer Success and Marketing teams to increase sales opportunities thereby maximising revenue
- Regularly speak with clients to present solutions that meet or predict their needs
- Display thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services that Signal can provide, and of our competitors.
Required knowledge, experience and skills - Who are we looking for?
- Curious, career-driven, methodical and disciplined
- At least 1+ years of B2B technology related sales or business development experience (outbound and inbound calling experience)
- Experience using CRM and sales engagement tools
- Proven track record of consistently obtaining quota
- Strong communicator who is able to clearly articulate impact, as well as influence and work cross-functionally across multiple internal teams;
- Collaborative worker, sharing knowledge with your teammates as well as learning from them
Benefits - What will you get in return?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently celebrated turning five years old (how time flies!). We offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come