Signal has built a world class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them the highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company currently in its Series B round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - What’s your purpose?
Our customer facing team has garnered a bit of a reputation in the industry! This means we have a “superhuman” reputation to uphold in our ability to understand and uphold our clients needs. Our Customer Success Team is the link between our clients and the company, playing a pivotal role in relation to Signal’s brand name, and the company’s commercial activity. Through the Signal platform, you’ll control the information we deliver to our users and ensure the client is getting the very best out of its Signal subscription.
The role also involves working closely with the Sales, Product, and Data Science teams. As well as this, you’ll concentrate on creating new relationships, cementing existing ones and building the framework for the company to scale.
The role has great growth potential, and you will be given the opportunity to explore different facets of the business, including Sales, Customer Success and Data-Science. At the same time, you’ll be given a full introduction to the world of start-ups, giving you an amazing insight into the Digital, Technological and Professional Services industries.
Role and responsibilities - What will you be doing?*
The primary goal of the Customer Success team is to ensure the Signal client base succeeds in reaching the goals they have set themselves. This involves supporting our clients throughout their entire lifecycle with Signal from onboarding to adoption right through to their renewal.
We help our clients to the point at which the customer sees the business impact and value of using Signal. We continue to monitor how well they adopt the tool and offer our help whenever needed to ensure they are getting the most out of the platform. Following this we ensure we that our relationship with our clients continues and their business is seeing the true impact of utilising Signal.
- Answering client inbound requests in a timely and concise manner as so to eliminate the likelihood of repeat issues
- Offering technical support to our clients when required via a variety of channels
- Upholding the Customer Support KPIs:
- Logging all inbound queries
- Maintaining our 5 minute response time during office hours
- Measuring customer referrals
- Tracking our NPS score
- Working with clients and prospects to build out accounts and boost experience of the platform
- Working within Signal’s expanding Enterprise Services team to grow and define new product offering
- Working alongside the Sales team to ensure the Signal experience is smooth throughout the sales cycle and beyond
- Champion the reputation of Customer Success by turning our clients into brand ambassadors
- Understanding the role news and information can play in the clients day-to-day and have a keen eye for issues and themes across a number of different industries that affect our clientbase
- To be open minded and flexible to the requirements of prospects, clients and the wider internal team
- And lots more!
*included in the role but not limited to
Required knowledge, experience and skills - Who are we looking for?
- Customer facing experience is highly desirable
- A good degree from a reputable university
- Someone who has worked or undergone work experience in fast paced environments
- Exemplary presentation and interpersonal skills
- Impeccable English both written and spoken
- Ability to work hard and absorb information quickly
- Attention to detail is essential
- Able to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Desire to learn new skills
- Great at talking & meeting with people
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced start-up environment
- A can-do, dedicated and patient attitude
Desired knowledge, skills & experience
- Experience of using B2B software - Salesforce / Excel / Gmail / Google drive / CRM
- Experience working within the relevant industries - Financial Services / Professional Services / Media
- Previous experience in a technical support role coupled with specialist industry knowledge would be ideal. As such you may come from a banking call-centre background for example.
- A passion for new technology
- Commercial experience is desirable but not absolutely necessary
- Previous experience in Research led software tools
Benefits - What will you get in return?We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently celebrated turning five years old. We offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come