Head of Customer Success
Signal is a revolutionary new technology platform built for analysing text and discovering market intelligence, developed in partnership with the world's leading academics. Our large-scale text analytics system unlocks knowledge and insight from unstructured textual data, enabling organisations to solve complex information challenges and providing a competitive advantage for our clients.
We’re a venture-backed company currently in its Series A round. To date, we have raised almost £10 million in funding to help develop our product. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Your purpose
Customer Success is absolutely vital to Signal’s long-term profitability. As such, we are looking for a Head of Customer Success to own and manage the Customer Success experience.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will be responsible for core Account Management activities such as:
- Owning the Customer Relationship
- Driving outcomes such as effective onboarding, product adoption, advocacy, renewals, and up-sells.
- Growing the value of the Portfolio of clients quarter on quarter.
- Analysing & improving Signal’s Customer Journey, product usage, & engagement.
- Managing and growing a talented team of high potential Account Managers.
Having recently split the Support and Customer Success teams into two distinct functions, one key aspect of the role will be to work closely with the Head of Support to effectively manage the customer experience by balancing the reactive tasks (owned by Support) and the proactive tasks (owned by Customer Success) to enable flawless Customer Experience, whilst ensuring Signal’s commercial goals are met.
About the Responsibilities – What will you be doing?
- Contribute to Signal’s commercial goals, by driving retention, cross-sell and upsells, increase renewal rates, reduce churn, expand revenue in accounts and maximizing Customer Lifetime Value.
- Own & Manage the client relationship through various channels including face to face QBRs, On-Boarding and Renewal meetings to drive revenue and engagement.
- Lead, develop, and grow the team of Customer Success including recruitment, employee onboarding, and coaching.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Support and Sales teams to ensure a best-in-class client experience
- Maintain and develop Signal’s Customer Success standards company-wide and inspire Customer Success across the Company.
- Report to the Signal CRO on all core Customer Success Metrics, recommending improvements to existing metrics and developing new ones.
- Identify and implement continuous ways to on-board, engage and deliver value our customers.
Knowledge, skills and experience - Who are we looking for?
- 5+ Years experience in B2B technology Account Management / Customer Success with at least 3+ years of people management experience.
- Proven track record having successfully grown and managed a team of at least 6 members.
- Proven track record having successfully grown the size of portfolio of clients through up-selling and cross-selling.
- Experience working in a start-up or similarly fast moving, flat structure structure environment, with a track record in successfully managing a growing team.
- You will be a personable individual with a proven track record in building trustful customer relationships and managing client-supplier conflict.
- You’ll have an analytical and metrics-oriented mindset, yet be an enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, capable of listening to a client’s needs and creating a vision for how your product can empower them
Benefits - What will you get in return?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently celebrated turning four years old. We offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit for days! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come