Finance Admin Assistant
Signal has built a world class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them the highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company currently in its Series B round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - What's your purpose?
Signal is looking for an AAT part-qualified person to join the growing finance team in a high-tech, fast-moving company. As the Finance Admin Assistant you will be reporting to the Assistant Accountant.
Role and responsibilities - What will you be doing?*
This is an Entry Level role, therefore you are not expected to have significant Accounting/Finance experience.
You will be expected to learn on the job and develop your finance skills. You will be supported to learn to be responsible for:
- Processing of sales and purchase invoices;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Assist with preparing month end journal entries;
- Maintaining the fixed asset register;
- Authorisation of supplier invoices and staff expense claims;
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations;
- Prepare purchase orders as requested;
- Complete supplier registration forms as requested;
- Complete credit control processes
* included in the role but not limited to.
Required knowledge, skills and experience - Who are we looking for?
- Part-qualified AAT with up to 1 year experience in a similar role
- Desire to learn and develop accountancy skills
- Beginner or Intermediate Excel
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hardworking with a mature attitude and ability to deal appropriately with confidential information
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Desire to progress in a fast-moving, high-growth organisation
Benefits - What will you get in return?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently celebrated turning five years old (How time flies!). We don’t currently have heaps in the way of fanciful corporate benefits but we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit for days! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come.