Sales Development Representative
About Signal - Who are we?
Signal has built a world-class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organizations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company that recently secured a cool $16m in its Series B round of funding. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
You may have recently graduated or be in your first professional role. This role is most suited for someone with around 6 months of sales experience. This role is the first stepping stone to developing a long-term sales career. We are keen to hear from individuals who are passionate about learning and who want to build their sales skills.
As a Sales Development Representative at Signal, you will be responsible for generating leads and meetings for our newly created Sales team based in New York. Reporting to the SDR Manager, you will have unlimited opportunities for growth and promotion within the business. This role is solely focused on lead generation and outbound marketing. You will spend much of the day on the phone, making calls to prospects and building out our sales pipeline.
Knowledge, skills and experience - What does it take to be successful?
- A demonstrated ability to be coached and trained from scratch
- A passion for learning
- Very persistent character, not afraid of rejection and never shying away from asking questions
- Possession of a positive attitude and an interest in learning and building a career in sales
- Willing to step-up to help fellow team members if and when needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a growing team
Bonus points - How can you stand out?
- Ideally 6 months work experience including cold-calling experience
- A good knowledge of the Public Relations industry, media monitoring and/or the media intelligence space would be very beneficial but not essential
Benefits - What's in it for you?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently opened our New York office and are growing at pace! We offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- A comprehensive healthcare benefits package - we care about your health too;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some head space, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit! - we’ll keep you energized with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come
Signal does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.