About Signal - Who are we?
Signal is an AI powered media monitoring, reputation management, regulatory compliance and market intelligence tool that gives its users global, unlimited, shareable information in an easy-to-use platform. Using cutting-edge machine learning techniques and built by data scientists, Signal has built solutions that empower business leaders and their teams by extracting, surfacing and analyzing hyper-relevant information from millions of global sources. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time, as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organizations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company that recently secured a cool $16m in its Series B funding round. Some of our investors include GMG Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
We are facing an exciting time as we expand and grow in the US! We will need to recruit a number of different profiles to add to the team in the US and at the same time our growing team needs support with everything from onboarding to dealing with the Community Managers at the WeWork we are at. Consequently, we are looking for a Recruiter / Office Manager to join our New York team.
Your responsibilities will include running end to end recruitment processes, onboarding new starters and looking after the office. You will also think of ways to further Signal’s employer brand in the US and network off- and online to make sure we tap into the right talent pools. You are creative and driven, with an interpersonal savvy that allows you to develop lasting relationships with candidates as well as across the Signal business. You're also comfortable with numbers and drawing insights from analytics and apply to both our hiring process and how we run our US office.
You will work closely with both the President of Americas and the VP of People based in London. You will be part of the People team which currently is based in London.
To be successful in this role, you will efficiently and effectively manage recruitment processes, provide excellent onboarding and also make sure the office is a great place to be.
Key Responsibilities - What you will be doing?
- Recruit top talent, achieve hiring goals and reduce our time to hire
- Provide an efficient and engaged experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, pre-screen to evaluate skill level, driving the interview process and offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations and closing of candidates.
- Interview candidates combining various methods (e.g. structured interviews and behavioral questions)
- Coordinate with senior sales leaders to forecast department goals and hiring needs
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to ensure preparedness during the interview process and prompt follow-up to candidates
- Craft and send personalised recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates
- Participate in conferences and meetups to network with potential candidates
- Promote company’s reputation as a great place to work
- Onboard new starters from an HR perspective; right to work checks, help new starters with Signal’s payroll and Hr systems and other US HR specific matters
- Work with President of Americas and VP People to establish a successful talent acquisition process for Signal in the US
- Liaise with external recruiters on an ad hoc basis
- Handle onboarding and set-up for new starters (phone, laptop, monitor, keyboard, etc.)
- Make sure there are snacks and fruit in the office
- Liaising with UK office to ensure two way inclusion of all events (Demos, Strategy Days, quizzes, games, team lunch, etc.)
- Responsible for office look and feel to make sure the office looks like a Signal office and is a great venue for external visitors
- Liaise with building management
- Liaise with Finance in the UK to ensure we fulfil our US finance/admin needs
Key Skills and Requirements - What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in an in-house role
- Demonstrable experience of working in the Tech industry - knowledge and exposure to SaaS is highly desirable
- Demonstrable experience of managing relationships at VP level and above, ability to influence, negotiate and compromise at this level to reach a successful outcome for all parties
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment, strives on the opportunity to create/innovate/shape the future
- Data-driven and using analysis/insights to meet performance targets
- Hands-on experience with various interview formats (e.g. cv/phone screen, skype, structured, development centre etc) and familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g. social media)
- Demonstrated personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Office management experience would be a bonus but more importantly a can do attitude and willingness to get stuck in an help out in a number of areas
Benefits - What’s in it for you?
We’re a rapidly growing company that is making a significant investment to scale the business globally, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us. We offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited vacation entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Monthly team lunch and regular social events - a team who eats and plays together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Experience in a rapidly growing, collaborative, growth-orientated and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come