Strategic FP&A Manager
About Signal - Who are we?
Signal has built a world-class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company that recently secured a cool £12m ($16m) in its Series B funding round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
Signal is looking for a Strategic FP&A Manager to join our Finance team in London. We are growing very quickly in terms of revenue, people and geographies and you will play an important part in helping us accelerate our global growth ambitions. You will report to our VP Finance, Reece with extensive exposure to our CEO David and the rest of the senior leaders.
The day to day responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Deep analytical support for the Finance and leadership team including financial modelling, scenario building, developing models for customer acquisition and lifetime value analysis and ROI analysis on product development and marketing
- Long term financial planning and modelling for P&L, Cash flow, Balance Sheet and Funding
- Building out and monitoring MI dashboards, SaaS KPIs, performance and other metrics and providing commercial guidance as needed
- Running the forecasting and budgeting cycle including liaising with all teams in the business, and owning the forecasting and budgeting tools
- Prepare board decks and other board presentations
- M&A support; evaluating investment cases, expansion opportunities, market analysis and financial DD
- Project manage internal DD workbstreams including preparing checklists, data room, liaise and pull in relevant people from across the business
- Fundraising support; prepare pitch decks, DD, create project plan, get timely input from relevant people across the business, ensure timelines are met
Knowledge, skills and experience - What does it take to be successful?
- Background in corporate development with deal experience working on joint ventures, acquisitions, and other deals and ideally fundraising experience
- Proven excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Clear communicator and excellent at connecting and building rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional at project management & getting things done with quality
- Process and detail oriented, able to manage multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits - What’s in it for you?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently opened our first international office in New York! We don’t currently have heaps in the way of fanciful corporate benefits but we can offer you the following:
- Flexible, reasonable working hours (not investment banking hours!)
- Working at a cutting edge AI start-up
- Equity in the business
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Exposure to M&A, Fundraising from VC’s, Board access.
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit for days! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
Location: London, UK
Opening Date: Thursday 13th December 2018
Closing Date: Sunday 13th January 2019
Salary: £75,000-£80,000 per annum
Signal does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.