VP of Sales
About Signal - Who are we?
Signal is an AI powered media monitoring, reputation management, regulatory compliance and market intelligence tool that gives its users global, unlimited, shareable information in an easy-to-use platform. Using cutting-edge machine learning techniques and built by data scientists, Signal has built solutions that empower business leaders and their teams by extracting, surfacing and analyzing hyper-relevant information from millions of global sources. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time, as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organizations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company that recently secured a cool $16m in its Series B funding round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
Signal AI is seeking an experienced growth-oriented sales leader with a proven track record of success in B2B SaaS to join our NYC office as our VP of Sales - reporting in to our President of the Americas & AIPAC.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving sales, managing a rapidly growing team of existing dynamic sales professionals, and contributing to the strategic growth of our NYC sales organization.
As the VP of Sales, you will play an integral role in reaching future revenue goals. The existing New Business Account Executive team will report to you on day one; however, recruiting and building out the team further will be core to your success. The ideal candidate will fit with our strong culture, core values, and strategic anchors which help guide us daily in our debate and decision-making.
This is an opportunity to take ownership of a key leadership role in a growing company. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial individual who thrives in challenging situations and has start-up experience.
The day to day responsibilities - What will you be doing?
You will work with the New Business Account Executive Sales team to mentor & ensure the following:
- Hire, train and lead a team of high-performing B2B SaaS Account Executives as the company grows
- Experience with building and leading high performance B2B SaaS sales teams and creating a positive work environment
- Act as a mentor and coach for the sales team
- Ensure the sales team is performing against commercial and professional targets
- Build, manage and develop a high-performance B2B SaaS sales team; create a methodical, data driven sales process; filling and driving the sales pipeline; and closing enterprise-level deals across all industry verticals
- Manage the team to quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Add true value in key deals, reinforcing strategic selling and maximizing win rates
- Build and maintain strong relationships with senior executives at Enterprise and Medium-size businesses
- Lead in-person client presentations to C-level executives, including information discovery sessions, product demonstrations and proposals
- Work with the New Business Account Executive team on engaging with prospects to understand their unique and specific pain points and produce compelling business cases to meet their needs
- Develop and implement a scalable sales process from prospecting/demand generation through contract execution
- Leverage CRM data to construct, forecast, and manage sales activity and drive pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals
- Collaborate with internal product teams and provide feedback from the field to help shape future development
- Work closely with the leadership team to provide input on the growth of the business and align revenue strategy with overall company objectives
Required knowledge, skills and experience - What does it take to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Start-up experience (working with and/or for startups): you are hungry, driven, excited, motivated, charismatic, open to change, and innovative
- 5+ years of B2B Enterprise level sales experience (preferably SaaS)
- Proven ability selling technology enabled solutions to and Director + and C-level individuals
- Proven track record in new client development / customer acquisition
- Experience selling to Mid-Market & Enterprise clients
- High level of energy, hustle, motivation, drive and passion for the technology landscape
- Metrics driven and competitive
- Exceptional achievement of past sales goals
- Strong presentation and communication skills; proactive, “get stuff done” attitude
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus: Salesforce, LI Sales Navigator, Join.me, Zoom info, Salesloft and Outreach
Benefits - What will you get in return?
We’re a rapidly growing company that is making a significant investment to scale the business globally, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us. We offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited vacation entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Monthly team lunch and regular social events - a team who eats and plays together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Experience in a rapidly growing, collaborative, growth-orientated and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come
Signal does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.