About Signal - Who are we?
Signal has built a world-class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company that recently secured a cool £12m ($16m) in its Series B funding round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
As the Account Executive you are responsible for driving sales of the Signal subscription based platform as part of the growing Solution Sales team. This role will support the business by educating PR & Communications professionals on how Signal can transform the way in which clients consume and manage their media intelligence. Reporting into the AE Sales Manager, you will be responsible for 100% new business attainment.
The day to day responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Support Signal’s long-term strategic goals by signing new logos
- Identify new business opportunities within our specific target markets
- Convert generated leads into potential new clients by negotiating and closing business deals
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the current market conditions
- Work closely with the internal Sales, Customer Success and Marketing teams to increase sales opportunities thereby maximising revenue
- Regularly meet with clients to present solutions that meet or predict their needs
- Develop the pipeline of new business coming into Signal
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
Knowledge, experience and skills - What does it take to be successful?
- Extensive track record in meeting and exceeding Sales quota targets of c£400k+pa
- Previous experience of selling SaaS solutions or a software led sale
- Proven experience utilising at least one sales methodology
- Proven track record of presenting and closing at C-Suite level
- Proven examples of where you have a consultative approach to building and retaining client base
- Demonstrable evidence of handling the full sales cycle
- Evidence of being a market leader in Sales, demonstrating passion, perseverance and consistent success in what you do
- Proven experience of where you have developed self to stay ahead of market and client changes on your career path
Signal does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.