About Signal - Who are we?
Signal has built a world-class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company that recently secured a cool £12m ($16m) in its Series B funding round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
Our Customer Support Team is the key link between our clients and Signal. We are looking for a self-starter who can deeply understand what matters most to our customers and use these insights to support & optimise their experience. This position is responsible for supporting our clients on a consultative basis to optimise product configuration to increase product value. This could involve researching new subject areas to ensure the best content is surfaced to our clients or understanding the client's needs to ensure the product setup both suits their particular needs and showing the best our product has to offer. As well as this, you’ll concentrate on creating new relationships, cementing existing ones and building the framework for the company to scale.
The role has great growth potential, and you will be given the opportunity to explore different facets of the business, including Sales, Customer Success, Product and Data-Science. At the same time, you’ll be given a full introduction to the world of start-ups, giving you an amazing insight into the Digital, Technological and Professional Services industries.
The day to day responsibilities - What will you be doing?*
The Product Analyst is responsible for ensuring our customers succeed in reaching their goals. This involves supporting our clients throughout their entire lifecycle with Signal.
- Product Support: Responding to client inbound requests in a timely and concise manner as so to eliminate the likelihood of repeat issues - Offering technical support via a variety of channels
- Product Research: Work with customers to understand new subject areas and then use this to surface key insights within our product
- Experiment: Continually review how customers are using the product and conduct experiments to evaluate the impact of new product features on current clients
- Solve Problems: Tackle problems in creative and logical ways and consistently brainstorm alternative solutions
- Collaborate Cross-functionally: Partner and collaborate with teams across the organization to remove roadblocks and unlock new opportunities
- Be open-minded and flexible to the requirements of prospects, clients and the wider internal team
Knowledge, skills and experience - What does it take to be successful?
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and customer facing experience is highly desirable
- A good degree from a reputable university
- Ability to work hard, absorb information quickly and adapt to a fast-paced start-up environment to deliver under pressure
- Attention to detail is essential
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced start-up environment
- A passion for new technology
- Public Relations experience a bonus!
Desired knowledge, skills & experience
- Business analyst experience
- Previous experience in a technical support role coupled with specialist industry knowledge would be ideal
- A passion for new technology