Sales Operations Manager
About Signal - Who are we?
Signal has built a world-class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organizations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company that recently secured a cool £12m ($16m) in its Series B funding round. Some of our investors include GMG Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing scale-up company building on great successes and aiming for even more ambitious results. Due to the scaling of our commercial teams, we’re growing our sales operations function too!
Reporting into our Head of Sales Operations, as the Sales Operations Manager, you will be the product owner and gatekeeper for our Salesforce install and several other tools within our tech stack. Your role will be to drive through sales efficiency & sales effectiveness initiatives. The primary focus of this role is to deliver process and platform improvements that ensure the best return from the overall sales ecosystem. You will ensure our systems support the sales process, and the processes drive compliance in the most efficient way to drive revenue.
You’ll have the option of managing a direct Sales Operations Executive report, who is on hand to assist with the maintaining of data and systems, and will have experience of working with Salesforce in at least 2 other organisations, so that you can identify and advise on opportunities for more efficient or smarter working.
You’ll be working closely with other departments and stakeholders such as marketing, customer success, sales and finance so communication and personable skills are essential, and you’ll need to be comfortable with aligning people and technology. .
The day to day responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Primary owner for defining, planning, delivering and supporting new and existing features and capabilities on Salesforce.com with 80+ users across sales, marketing, and customer success
- Work closely with other departments such as sales, FP&A, lead generation
- Directly manage (optional) or work closely to provide guidance and expertise to a sales operations executive tasked with data cleansing and monitoring
- Provide recommendations and take actions based on strategic objectives, forecast or performance metrics
- Enhance sales productivity through enabling the team to work smarter by simplifying processes and evaluating new tools
- Create and maintain documentation on sales processes, policies, and relevant sales training materials and assist with onboarding new sales talent
- Identify and eliminate sales process bottlenecks and inconsistencies
- Produce and review actionable and accurate sales reporting and BI tools for reps, managers, and sales leaders.
Knowledge, skills and experience - What does it take to be successful?
We’d love to hear from individuals who are results driven and technologically innovative to join a critical team within Signal.
- Commercial or operational background, with a proven track record in managing Salesforce and CRM product development projects from inception to delivery
- 3+ years complex Salesforce.com Admin work, with a strong focus on workflow, process builder, validation rules, and system integration (REQUIRED)
- Experience with Service Console and Sales Console
- Experience with a multi-region and multi-currency organisation
- Agile, self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
Additional beneficial qualities
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related field
- 5+ years of experience in sales operations and/or business systems preferably in a software/technology
- Experience building and/or managing a sales operations team
- Experience working in a scale up stage B2B SaaS business