Supplier Relationship Manager
About Signal - Who are we?
Signal has built a world-class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head. It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read. How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people. We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company currently in its Series B round but with more to come! Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, GMG Ventures, MMC and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
As a Supplier Relationship Manager, you will be an integral part of the Support team, responsible for the end-to-end management of our service providers, and how they deliver the work that our clients require. You’re a natural problem solver, able to resolves issues, provide advice and ensure deadlines are met. You will be involved in working with clients to decide on the best solution and services partner to collaborate with, managing the end to end process and ensuring at all times that our services offering suits their particular needs. As well as this, you’ll concentrate on creating new relationships, with partners as well as clients, cementing existing relationships and building the framework for the company to scale.
The role has great growth potential, and you will be given the opportunity to explore different facets of the business, including Sales, Customer Success and Operations. At the same time, you’ll be given a full introduction to the world of start-ups, giving you an amazing insight into the Digital, Technological and Professional Services industries.
Ideally, we are looking for a skilled Data Analyst with some experience of account management, who is looking for the next step in their career.
The day to day responsibilities - What will you be doing?*
The Supplier Relationship Manager ensures the workflow of manual services from our suppliers to our end-clients is seamless. They are the go-to person in Signal for all our Services work - whether that’s helping Sales develop their understanding, attending client meetings as the in-house expert, or managing relationships and day-to-day issues with our suppliers.
- Analysing opportunities and assessing which provider will be able to service the client's needs efficiently and cost-effectively in each case
- Working with Sales and Customer Success to identify, define and deliver all manual services
- Managing all day-to-day activity regarding our service providers, from contracts for new work to renewals and everything in-between
- Developing the Services line of business, scaling the volume of what we provide and the range of services Signal can offer to end clients
- Identifying, negotiating and managing the onboarding of new services suppliers as necessary as we scale the organisation across new geographies
- Training new members of the Sales and Customer Success teams on the Signal Services offering.
Knowledge, skills and experience - What does it take to be successful?
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Excellent understanding of data extraction, manipulation, analysis and visualisation, and the ability to work with clients to understand their needs
- Attention to detail and high-quality organisational skills are essential
- Ability to work hard, absorb information quickly and adapt to a fast-paced start-up environment to deliver under pressure
Essential knowledge, skills & experience
- 2-3 years of data analysis experience and visualisation is essential for this role
- Understanding of simple finance principles; costs, profit margins, quotes, etc
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Technically capable, excellent communicator and a desire to improve processes
Desirable knowledge, skills & experience
- 1+ years of account management / vendor management experience is desired
- Pre-existing knowledge of the PR / Comms or Marketing industries
- Good presentation skills
- Results-driven – ensure that Services work fulfils strategic goals and drive the required business results
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- Pension plan
- Unlimited holiday entitlement
- Company MacBook & Apple equipment