We are looking for a talented UX Designer with a strong aptitude for research and product thinking, to join one of our cross-functional teams focused on exploring new AI and Machine Learning driven opportunities. It’s a permanent role, based in London (Old Street).
At Signal we want to help organisations identify risks and opportunities and see movements in the market before anyone else. We want to help leaders take bold decisions, safe that the data is on their side. We want to connect all those external data points together, uncover the unknown unknowns, and be at the very heart of the knowledge economy.
We’ve already built a world-class artificial intelligence platform for real-time information aggregation and analysis at a massive scale. We proved our value with monitoring and measurement products in the PR&Comms space, and are now joining the dots beyond.
We are friendly and informal people who are passionate about our brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment, welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, and together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
We are a venture-backed company, having already secured £12m in its latest Series B funding round from investors such as GMG Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the team:
You will join a close-knit, autonomous and cross-functional team, encompassing every role required to build and improve on our products in the way we best see fit. The team consists of Product Managers, Software Engineers, Product Designers and Data Scientists. We are able to decide product direction ourselves, regularly trying out new approaches and technologies.About your role:
You will be responsible for understanding users, their goals, behaviours, emotions, problems and beliefs, sketching, wireframing and testing ideas, and working out what the team should build next. You will be planning and conducting a wide range of user research activities, analysing research results to identify user insights, make data-driven recommendations, prioritise new feature opportunities and then turning them into rich user experiences.
In terms of your daily routine, think:
- 20% facilitating design thinking sessions with a cross-functional team,
- 40% planning and conducting user research activities;
- 20% sketching, wireframing and creating interactive prototypes,
- 10% contributing towards UX Strategy and advocating for the user across the organisation.
You should apply if:
- You are an expert at defining, clarifying and solving problems,
- You empathise with a user and have a holistic view of the product in mind,
- You are a UX generalist, energised by working across all UX areas,
- You quickly visualize ideas with sketches, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and can clearly articulate your design decisions and explain the ‘why’,
- You are proficient at a wide variety of generative and evaluative research methods,
- You know how to match appropriate research methods with different types of questions,
- You know how to translate data into actionable recommendations,
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- You have a self-starter mindset and a positive attitude,
- You proactively identify issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so, taking ownership of your work,
- You are comfortable with and excited by a fast-paced and often changing environment, eager to solve new problems and learn new skills in order to succeed,
- You are a team player whom your colleagues can rely on.
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- Pension plan
- Unlimited holiday entitlement
- Company MacBook & Apple equipment