Executive Assistant / Office Manager - NYC
About Signal AI - Who are we?
Signal AI is an AI powered media monitoring, reputation management, regulatory compliance and market intelligence tool that gives its users global, unlimited, shareable information in an easy-to-use platform. Using cutting-edge machine learning techniques and built by data scientists, Signal has built solutions that empower business leaders and their teams by extracting, surfacing and analyzing hyper-relevant information from millions of global sources. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time, as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organizations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company and some of our investors include Guardian Media Ventures, Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures and Frontline Ventures.
About the role - Who are you?
We're looking for an EA/Office Manager to support our US President and our growing US hub in NYC. The job is a mix of a traditional Executive Assistant role and Office Manager. In this role, you will work to increase the efficiency of our US President by strategically managing their day to day functions, as well as providing office management and team support to the rest of the NYC office and our remote US employees. We're looking for someone who will consistently remain highly organized in a fast paced, changing environment. A curiosity for how things work and the ability to develop high-trust relationships is essential. You will report to our US President Matt Brown with a dotted line to Hanna Linden, our VP People based in our HQ in London.
What will you be doing?
- Day to day operations - managing US office budget, ordering office supplies, snacks, collection of parcels, assembling of furniture, responsible for the corporate credit card, negotiating supplier quotes and liaising with WeWork etc
- Handle onboarding and set-up for new starters (phone, laptop, monitor, keyboard, etc.)
- First point of contact for anything office-related and dealing with requests and queries from US team members and the team in London
- Together with the People team in London plan, execute and ensure two way inclusion of all events (Demos, workshops, team lunches, social events, monthly treats etc.)
- Work closely with the US People and Culture Partner on office initiatives
- Enhancing the office experience from a logistics as well as an environment/culture perspective - make sure it’s a great place for the team and external visitors
- Work with our London office IT Manager on all tech needs for the US office including set-up for interoffice calls and All Hands meetings, printers and equipment
- Liaise with Finance in the UK to ensure we fulfill our US finance/admin needs
- Health and Safety for the office and liaise with WeWork on office obligations in relation to this
- Managing all day to day functions for the US President by strategically planning their time and aligning priorities
- Writing and sharing communications on behalf of the US President to many different stakeholders, including senior leadership, and large teams internally and externally
- Owning travel arrangements, bookings, expenses for the US President and US team members
- Coordinating meetings and calls while scheduling across multiple time zones - ensuring participants have all needed prep materials (notes, decks, CVs etc)
- Assisting with project work and ad hoc miscellaneous initiatives, as needed
To be successful in this role, you'll need to:
- Be a trusted partner to US President, VP People and the People and Culture Partners - handle highly sensitive material and information with discretion and confidentiality
- Be a proactive problem solver - always planning five steps ahead in a fast paced environment
- Be a confident, honest owner, willing to continuously challenge yourself, learn, and grow
- Be hyper-organized and have meticulous attention to detail
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and working in a scale-up environment - no two days look exactly the same
- Be tech savvy - experience of working with and managing first line support for multiple office technologies such as Zoom, Google suite etc
- Have an open mind and an interest in and able to confidently engage with new people
- Function well with high levels of autonomy; you will be required to take initiative and action items with little direction
- Calm personality
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Please include a cover letter that mentions why you think this is the right role for you.
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently opened our New York Office and are growing at pace! We offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited PTO - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company MacBook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Full benefits and a 401k
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some head space, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit! - we’ll keep you energized with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come
Signal does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.