Head of Strategy
About Signal - Who are we?
Signal is an AI powered media monitoring, reputation management, regulatory compliance and market intelligence tool that gives its users global, unlimited, shareable information in an easy-to-use platform. Using cutting-edge machine learning techniques and built by data scientists, Signal has built solutions that empower business leaders and their teams by extracting, surfacing and analysing hyper-relevant information from millions of global sources. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time, as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company that recently secured a cool $16m in its Series B funding round. Some of our investors include GMG Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
We have so many questions to answer and many we haven’t even encountered yet. As our Head of Strategy you will help us answer them. You will drive analysis and provide recommendations grounded in quantitative and qualitative data for some of the most important decisions in the company. With your work you will help the leadership team determine the company’s next moves. The projects will include market sizing, pricing analysis, researching potential M&A targets, keeping track of the competitive landscape and preparing CEO presentations. There will be long term projects alongside ad hoc smaller ones and we expect you to use your initiative to influence what you think the business should be looking into. You will also be comfortable communicating your findings clearly to internal and external audiences. We don’t expect you to know everything about our space but know you’re a person who is able to learn what you don’t know fast.
Reporting directly to our COO (incoming), with regular exposure to the entire senior leadership team and collaborating with all functions across the company, we think this role will offer you a great opportunity to work on a broad range of exciting projects and play a key role in supporting the company’s rapid scale ambitions.
Key Responsibilities - What you will be doing?
- Proactively carry out research into our industry, technology, trends, market requirements and make clear, actionable recommendations to the business on “what’s next”.
- Analyse complex business problems using data from internal and external sources
- Identify opportunities - combining desk analysis with custom quantitative & qualitative research - and communicate your findings in a highly structured way to the rest of the business.
- Drive analysis on pricing strategy and subsequent packaging of Signal’s products to fit the market and different customer segments
- Keep track of the market and research potential M&A opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of Signal’s business, products and customers.
- Assist in the creation of external presentation decks as well as internal, investor and Board materials
- Communicate regularly in company All Hands, to leadership and other forums about your work and initiatives
- Represent the company: networking and presenting at industry events and conferences
- Experience from a top tier strategy consultancy, VC or high growth tech business with a strong grounding in frameworks and tools for shaping and delivering strategy, and measuring its success
- Be confident manipulating data yourself in Excel/Google Sheets and ideally have experience with other data analytics software
- Be able to handle highly sensitive material and information with discretion and confidentiality
- Hands-on - not afraid of doing leg work in order to reap the results later down the line
- Keen interest and understanding of digital technology
- Team player
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial self-starter and comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and listening skills, including the ability to explain complex information clearly and simply, and articulate your thinking and findings concisely in writing
- Ability to foster great relationships across the organisation as well as externally
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- Pension plan
- Unlimited holiday entitlement
- Company MacBook & Apple equipment