About Signal - Who are we?
Signal is a rapidly growing venture-backed global business headquartered in London with offices in New York and Hong Kong. Signal has built a world-class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head. It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read.
We Signallers are friendly and curious people. We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
About the role - Who are you?
Services plays a critical role in delivering an amazing end-to-end experience for our customers. Here at Signal we believe artificial intelligence is about augmenting human intelligence not replacing it. While we are always increasing the analysis capability of our technology to empower our users to gain insight, our customers often need a human touch. Our Services Manager is responsible for the human-element of our offering. Ensuring we have the right mix of service providers providing the right mix of services to complement and evolve alongside our technology.
You are a natural problem solver, able to resolve issues, provide advice and ensure deadlines are met. You are equally comfortable digging into the details of data analysis and visualisation as you are managing stakeholders and relationships across a business. You have a high level of attention to detail and are highly organised. Excited to adapt to a fast-paced start-up environment.
Role and Responsibilities - What will you be doing?
The Services Manager will be the go-to person for all things services related in the business. You will be responsible for the successful execution and evolution of our services offering. This starts with the end-to-end management of our current service providers in the analysis and bespoke reporting space. It also involves partnering with our sales team to understand customer needs and liaise with providers to ensure the correct scoping and delivery of services. You will be the glue between the service providers, our sales and customer success teams ensuring the smooth running of all customer engagements. The Services Manager will also collaborate with Sales Operations and Product Marketing to ensure that our services offering is underpinned by a clear process and strong go-to-market materials.
Beyond day-to-day execution, we are looking for a Services Manager who can continually reevaluate and evolve our services offering to complement our rapidly growing technology and customer base. By building an understanding of the trends in customer needs you will collaborate with our product team to determine whether we should revise the menu of services we provide or how we provide them.
- Engaging in the pre-sales process by analysing opportunities and assessing which provider will be able to service the client's needs efficiently and cost-effectively in each case
- Working with Sales and Customer Success to identify, define and deliver all services
- Managing all day-to-day activity regarding our service providers, from contracts for new work to renewals and everything in-between
- Identifying, negotiating and managing the onboarding of new services suppliers as necessary as we scale the organisation across new geographies
- Training new members of the Sales and Customer Success teams on the Signal Services offering
- Developing the Services line of business, scaling the volume of what we provide and the range of services Signal can offer to end clients
Knowledge, skills and experience - What does it take to be successful?
- Experience managing partners or vendors in a comparable services context
- Experience in scoping and managing delivery of projects or customer-facing solutions, ideally interacting directly with customers or commercially focused teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Drive to continuously improve processes and offerings
- Familiarity with the data analysis and visualisation space is a plus
- Pre-existing knowledge of the PR / Comms or Marketing industries is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- Pension plan
- Unlimited holiday entitlement
- Company MacBook & Apple equipment