Signal has built a world class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them the highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company currently in its Series B round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - What's your purpose?
We are looking for talented engineers to join our growing Software Engineering team of 10+ in London.
The team is autonomous and cross functional, encompassing every role required to build and improve on our products in the way we best see fit. We are able to decide product direction ourselves, trying out new approaches and technologies.
You will be a core player in the growth of our platform and of the products built on top of it. Areas of work will include our large scale ingestion and machine learning pipeline, increased automation of our infrastructure and new features to our products.
Role and responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- You’re an outcome driven, polyglot developer with experience in a variety of languages and domains; with a proven track record of thinking through and delivering technical solutions for business problems
- You are able to work autonomously, managing your time effectively, and taking ownership of work from inception to deployment
- You understand the importance of operations, where monitoring and alerting are just part of the way you build and run software
- You are comfortable collaborating with other team members to define product direction and strategy; in addition to day to day real time collaboration using practices such as pair programming
- You have strong communication skills and can get your idea across verbally in a manner that sales, product owners, data scientists, developers and designers will all understand
Frameworks: Node.js, React, Angular, SASS, Compojure
Databases: Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redis, DynamoDBOperations: AWS, Docker, Terraform, Prometheus, Grafana
Benefits - What will you get in return?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently celebrated turning five years old (how time flies!). We offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come