Business Development Manager
About Signal - Who are we?
Signal has built a world class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them the highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
Signal is a venture-backed company that recently secured a cool £12m ($16m) in its Series B round of funding. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
As the Business Development Manager you are responsible for driving sales of the Signal subscription based platform as part of the growing Solution Sales team. This role will support Signal by educating PR & Communications professionals on how Signal can transform the way in which clients consume and manage their media intelligence. Reporting into the VP of Sales, you will be focused on fully harnessing our client's value proposition & focusing on new customer acquisition.
Knowledge, skills and experience - What does it take to be successful?
- Proven experience utilising at least one sales methodology
- Gravitas and level of influence to present self and product to and engage and excite C-Suite personnel
- Proven examples of where you have a consultative approach to building and retaining client base
- Demonstrable evidence of operating within a Business Development Manager role previously
- Demonstrable passion, perseverance and consistent success in what you do
- Proven experience of where you have developed self to stay ahead of market and client changes on your career path
Bonus points - How can you stand out?
- Extensive track record in meeting and exceeding Sales quota targets of c£500k+pa
- Previous experience within a SaaS environment
- Previous experience of a solutions led sales approach towards a B2B product offering
- Previous experience or an understanding of the PR & Comms industry
Benefits - What's in it for you?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us. We don’t currently have heaps in the way of fanciful corporate benefits but we can offer you the following:
- Competitive salary - you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Flexible working - whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some headspace, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit for days! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Signal now and in the years to come.
Signal does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.