Sales Operations Executive
About Signal - Who are we?
Signal has built a world-class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organizations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company that recently secured a cool £12m ($16m) in its Series B funding round. Some of our investors include GMG Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing scale-up company building on great successes and aiming for even more ambitious results. Due to the scaling of our commercial teams, we’re growing our sales operations function too!
Reporting into our Head of Sales Operations, as the Sales Operations Executive, you will be the main contact for all questions surrounding commercial tools and data. You will create and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in database management and commercial operations. You will also conduct data analysis that will be used to inform strategic decisions by stakeholders from across the company.
The learning curve will be steep as you will be working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects at once, which involve stakeholders across the company. As such you’ll understand Salesforce inside out and will have hands on experience owning the tool. You’ll also be comfortable having previously supported the alignment of people and technology.
The day to day responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Provide support across our three locations and manage the technical aspects of the key tools used across the business (Salesforce, Pardot, InsightSquared, Salesloft)
- Take a holistic approach towards the ownership and understanding of the data and processes sitting within these commercial tools
- Streamline the processes while driving proper adoption of Salesforce, including conducting training and onboarding for new hires and existing employees;
- Work closely with our VP of Sales and Head of Sales Operations to monitor compliance with the sales and lead generation team
- Communicate changes and improvements effectively with the wider commercial team;
- Assist team leads with creation and maintenance of day-to-day and project-based reporting;
- Analyse Sales, Customer Success (account management) and Marketing data to develop insights and recommendations
Knowledge, skills and experience - What does it take to be successful?
We’d love to hear from individuals who are results driven and technologically innovative to join a critical team within Signal.
- Previous hands on experience of working specifically with Salesforce preferably within a B2B SaaS sales led environment
- Technically capable, well-versed communicator, and with a desire to improve processes;
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce CRM coupled with good understanding of standard business processes (Sales, Marketing, Operations, etc.);
- Strong analytical skills (including mastery of Microsoft Excel) and experience with reporting and data analysis;
- Experience in creating and implementing training and process or identifying efficiencies is also an advantage;
- No two days are ever the same in our teams so our ideal candidate will enjoy managing multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment;
Excitement about finding and testing new software tools;
- Lastly, we’re looking for individuals who enjoy and work well in a team but are also self-starters and can work proactively outside of day to day tasks to identify opportunities for improvement and efficiencies
Additional beneficial qualities
- Undergraduate degree within the following fields: Maths, Engineering, Science, Economics or Finance;
- Certified qualifications: Salesforce.com Administration, Sales Cloud Consultant, or equivalent experience;
- Basic development (APEX, Visualforce, Triggers) skills are highly desirable but not essential;
- Relevant experience with system integrations (Docusign, Salesloft, Xero, Netsuite);
Benefits - What’s in it for you?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently opened our first international office in New York! We don’t currently have heaps in the way of fanciful corporate benefits but we can offer you the following:
- Flexible, reasonable working hours
- Working at a cutting edge AI start-up
- Equity in the business
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit for days! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
Signal does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.