Head of Demand Generation
About Signal - Who are we?
Signal is an AI powered media monitoring, reputation management, regulatory compliance and market intelligence tool that gives its users global, unlimited, shareable information in an easy-to-use platform. Using cutting-edge machine learning techniques and built by data scientists, Signal has built solutions that empower business leaders and their teams by extracting, surfacing and analyzing hyper-relevant information from millions of global sources. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time, as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organizations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company currently in its Series B round. Some of our investors include GMG Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
As the Head of Demand Generation you will drive and accelerate pipeline, segment and account strategy and coordinating the plans and deliverables for the aligned sales teams. You will work closely with sales and marketing to identify growth-driving strategies, programs and campaigns that will help guide the companies growth strategy to new inflection points.
Responsibilities will include driving revenue generating strategic alignment between sales and marketing to identify the highest value targets. You will also work with the marketing and sales development (SDR) teams to execute and optimise solutions-specific programs against those targets. . As such the purpose of this role is to attract potential customers to our website and educate them on the benefit of our services. You will focus on creating valuable content that increases Signal’s share of voice among our targeted industries. You will collaborate with a team of marketers to deliver a seamless brand experience. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is exceptionally detail-oriented, strategic, analytical, organised, and able to build strong relationships with a growing internationally based team.
Role and responsibilities - What will you be doing?
Lead effective strategy and campaign design by doing the following:
- Develop, execute, and measure innovative demand creation programs across the buying cycle to generate new inquiries, qualify existing prospects, drive sales meetings, and grow the sales pipeline (opportunities).
- Building a strong brand presence in our markets and working across product marketing and sales counterparts to bolster our competitive posture
- Identifying and cultivating strategic partnerships with industry associations, governing bodies, and media groups in an effort to amplify the Signal brand and gain access to key influencers and accounts
- Identify market segments and target clients that will have the highest yield. Curate a deep understanding of those targets, including needs, their purchase process, and how they consume communications to ensure the most effective outreach.
- Understand the product portfolio to develop lead generation campaigns that communicate differentiated value.
- Work with sales operations and product marketing to produce content and inbound strategies that will support sales plays.
- Work with the wider marketing team and achieve campaign goals, drive campaign execution, monitor results, and optimize for business impact and quality output.
- Create a business case driven approach to allocating marketing investment across channels (spend levels, media mix, and creative development components), using customer insights, financial data, and analytics from sales and marketing ops.
- Build process for scale, efficiency, and optimal results by maximizing the impact of all growth experiments via testing and automation.
- Establish partner marketing competency by identifying priority partner marketing requirements in conjunction with partner stakeholders across the company.
- Create plans, processes, and metrics for the marketing team, and partner stakeholders, to execute against.
- Execute social media campaigns on Twitter and Facebook to drive traffic, referrals, sales and brand awareness.
- Grow marketing-qualified leads by converting website traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and demand generation content.
- Weekly reporting on key performance metrics from lead generation channels using Salesforce, Google Analytics, Unbounce and Campaign Monitor.
- Demonstrate an understanding of SaaS alongside business as usual activities
- Create, launch and optimise ROI on all paid campaigns and provide regular reporting on performance against targets
Support sales and sales development by doing the following:
- Help the SDR team successfully generate sales opportunities with effective campaign plans and scripts.
- Interface with Customer Success (account management) for cross-sell/upsell and Solutions Sales for new targets to penetrate targeted accounts.
- Engage with sales to define and train on their campaign responsibilities.
Measurement, reporting, and accountability for marketing effectiveness by doing the following:
- Own marketing sourced pipeline and booking targets
- Work with sales ops team to leverage salesforce.com, Pardot, and other tools to measure and report on campaign and business results including leads generated, CPL, MQLs, SALs, opps created, cost effectiveness, etc.
- This position will be measured primarily on meeting Lead Generation and Qualification objectives
- Communication and collaboration across functions and departments for fullest leverage of resources, best customer experience, and greatest number of sales opportunities
Required knowledge, experience and skills - Who are we looking for?
- Demonstrated experience growing revenue at scale via performance marketing within a B2B technology or services company.
- You have excellent knowledge of marketing terms and concepts, key marketing channels, keen attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Maturity and skill in working with senior executives, customers and sales teams to align on goals and work through business challenges
- You must be highly motivated by the prospect of scaling a strong-growth company
- You must have a strong bias for action and the ability to foster a results-driven mentality across marketing, and strong strategic alignment between sales and marketing.
- You must be extremely persistent by nature
- Proven success at creating and executing B2B campaigns. Global marketing experience is a plus
- Deep familiarity with salesforce.com, Pardot and other critical demand gen technologies
- Proficiency and enthusiasm for analysing campaign results, building reports and manipulating data
- Strong project management skills, accustomed to working to a budget and within strict timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits - What’s in it for you?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently opened offices in New York and Hong Kong! We don’t currently have heaps in the way of fanciful corporate benefits but we can offer you the following:
- Working at a cutting edge AI start-up
- Equity in the business
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit for days! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
Signal does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.