About Signal - Who are we?
Signal is an AI powered media monitoring, reputation management, regulatory compliance and market intelligence tool that gives its users global, unlimited, shareable information in an easy-to-use platform. Using cutting-edge machine learning techniques and built by data scientists, Signal has built solutions that empower business leaders and their teams by extracting, surfacing and analysing hyper-relevant information from millions of global sources. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time, as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company that has raised a cool £12m in funding rounds. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
As the HR Assistant, you will be part of a growing HR and Recruitment function, responsible for the delivery of core People Team projects in line with our company objectives and our proposed plans. You will play an integral role as the key point of contact for the HR team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a marketing agency, online business or tech start up.
What does success look like?
- Delivery of core People Team projects in line with company OKRs and our proposed plans
- Metrics pointing to successful implementation of initiatives
- Positive internal stakeholder feedback
Role and responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Main point of contact for the HR team;
- Onboarding new-starters and off-boarding leavers;
- Responsible for processing the monthly global payroll;
- Administering benefits and managing administration for team packages globally;
- Booking training and coordinating learning and development activities;
- Maintaining current HR files and databases;
- Assisting with the development and improvement of HR policies;
- Working with the Operations team on company-wide projects;
- Responsible for the ‘People’ section in the internal monthly newsletter;
- Managing general employee relation matters and enquiries;
- Host events that drive culture and increase engagement;
- Track the probation process;
- Monthly HR reporting;
- Respond to reference requests;
- Internal communications including company newsletter;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all groups in the company;
- Keep your ear to the ground and identify and highlight issues to People & Culture Partner;
- Keep up to date with new developments in HR tech that could make processes more efficient;
Required knowledge, skills and experience - Who are we looking for?
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills providing solid examples of how you can deliver the role;
- Experience with processing payroll and administering benefits;
- Innate desire to help and support others;
- Delivery focused sharing examples of where you used own initiative to get things done on time;
- Can-do, positive mindset at all times that shows passion for role and function;
- Fun oriented mentality to fit into existing culture;
- Demonstrable experience of delivering a similar role;
- Proven examples of where you were responsible for employee data entry to HRIS, monitoring and reporting;
- Experience of managing the new starters and leavers process;
- Experience of managing employee on-boarding or similar - scheduling events and supporting line managers with the process;
- Experience of supporting HR policy, process and procedure development;
- Ability to communicate at all levels to support implementation of new or existing practices;
- Passionate about HR and its value it brings to organisations;
- CIPD desirable but not essential
Benefits - What's in it for you?
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently opened our first international office in New York! We don’t currently have heaps in the way of fanciful corporate benefits but we can offer you the following:
- Working at a cutting edge AI start-up
- Equity in the business
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit for days! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;
Signal does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.