People and Culture Partner
About Signal - Who are we?
Signal is an AI powered media monitoring, reputation management, regulatory compliance and market intelligence tool that gives its users global, unlimited, shareable information in an easy-to-use platform. Using cutting-edge machine learning techniques and built by data scientists, Signal has built solutions that empower business leaders and their teams by extracting, surfacing and analysing hyper-relevant information from millions of global sources. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time, as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company that recently secured a cool £12m in its Series B funding round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
As a People team we are helping to find, grow and keep the talent that is our Signal employees. We are facing an exciting time as we expand and grow in the UK, the US and Asia and are looking to add a People Partner to the team who will join us on this journey. You'll be a champion of Signal's culture and values, partnering with our managers/leads to help them build their teams, navigating and resolving employee issues, running L&D programmes and make sure we use data to make accurate people decisions not just about compensation and benefits.
You are a people person who focused on being as clear and transparent as possible to help everyone understand how people decisions get made. You think of the bigger picture and about solutions that last long term in a scaling environment. Also you’re not afraid of changing circumstances and the difficult decisions and conversations that sometimes come up. Together with the VP People and HR Advisor and the rest of the People team, you will make sure we continue to build on our strong employer brand.
We foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees. This is something we value deeply which is important for all employees but it is a fundamental part of the People team ethos as through our decisions and behaviour we influence the whole business.
What you'll do
- Understand our business as a whole, be proactive and support managers and the rest of the People team in creating the best place to work
- Support VP People executing key People and business initiatives
- Strategic partner with managers to retain develop and motivate their teams and help build their leadership capabilities
- Review and analyse data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention and engagement
- Partner with the talent acquisition team to hire the best
- Running employee relations and engagement with our VP People; such as carrying out sensitive meetings, running exit interviews and top talent meeting: all the while ensuring processes are followed correctly, and offering advice and support to staff
- Keep up to date with new developments in HR tech that could make processes more efficient
- Consistently apply policies and practices whilst having a pragmatic and flexible approach to solving for business issues
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all groups in the company.
What does it take to be successful?
- You have a track record of strong business partnerships within a dynamic, fast-paced, product focused and exciting environment
- You have extensive experience within all areas of the People function
- You have the ability to influence change, as well as effectively deal with change management initiatives
- You are proactive with a creative mind and track record of putting ideas into practice and assessing the results
- You are a down to earth and thrive working in a team; you have integrity, gravitas, and can easily build trust; you are curious and make sure to keep up to date with the last HR and business trends
Signal does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.