Enterprise Sales Development Representative
About Signal - Who are we?
Signal has built a world-class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them to highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company that recently secured a cool £12m ($16m) in its Series B funding round. Some of our investors include Hearst Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - What's your purpose?
As an Enterprise Sales Development Representative you will be responsible for targeting Signal AI’s top tier accounts; through outbound prospecting. Reporting into the Enterprise SDR Manager and working closely with an assigned Senior Enterprise Executive, you will be expected to tailor and articulate Signal AI’s proposition based on each specific account you are approaching.
This role has significant growth opportunities and is the perfect stepping stone for an ambitious sales professional looking to eventually move into an Account Executive role.
The day to day responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Develop, execute and maintain account strategies to drive revenue within assigned enterprise accounts
- Focus on a 1:1 approach into assigned enterprise accounts, ensuring messaging and proposition is tailored to each individual
- Grow customer relationships through outbound phone, email and social
- Strategically map out target accounts to identify multiple stakeholders and business opportunities
- Responsible for entire top of funnel process, from initial cold approach to discovery call
- Consistently achieve daily, weekly and monthly KPIs and quota’s
- Understand Signal’s offerings and effectively communicate and apply them to each prospect’s needs
- Provide continual input to the sales and marketing teams in order to refine positioning and adapt to new market opportunities
Required knowledge, skills and experience - Who are we looking for?
- Minimum of 12 months experience in a Sales Development position, preferably within a high growth SaaS business
- Proven experience working in a fast paced environment, preferably a start-up / scale-up
- Individuals who are ambitious and keen to build a long-term career in sales
- A good knowledge of the Public Relations industry, media monitoring and intelligence space would be very beneficial but not essential